Since the price of Bitcoin has skyrocketed, it has come into the limelight. But do you know that there are many other cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin which you can buy.
As these currencies are still in their infancy, they cost far less than Bitcoin but the opportunities of driving profit are fairly equivalent.
So it’s a wise to invest in Altcoins or convert some of your Bitcoin to Ethereum, Litecoin or other Altcoins.
In this post, I will share How to convert Bitcoin to Ethereum or other cryptocurrencies almost instantly.
For this purpose, I will give you a complete step by step tutorial on:
If you haven’t bought Bitcoin yet then make sure to go through:
Once you have Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency, let’s move forwards on the tutorial of converting them.
Converting Bitcoins to Ethereum with Changelly
Changelly is an Instant cryptocurrency exchange where you can quickly swap cryptocurrencies. You can buy Ethereum with Bitcoin or vice versa.
So if you have some Bitcoin, you can straightaway convert them into Ethereum without any hassle.
I have been using Changelly for sometime now and trust me it has always surprised me with its extraordinary service.
Getting started with Changelly
- Go to Changelly
- Select Both the Currencies (BTC & ETH)
- Click Exchange and on the next page, you will see fees and exchange rate.
- After that you will need to create an account & verify your email id. This is will allows you to check our exchange history on Changelly.
- Now enter your Ethereum Wallet Address, on which you wish to get the Ethereum. If you do not have one, you can check the list of the reliable & best Ethereum wallets here.
- Now recheck all the details carefully before clicking on ‘Confirm & Make Payment‘.
- Now you will see the Bitcoin address on which you need to send the BTC. You might get a different address at the time of transaction.
- Once you send the BTC, you will get ETH in your wallet address. So make sure to enter the correct wallet address otherwise you might risk your money.
I had personally tried Changelly 2 times and the conversion took place within a few minutes.
You can also check your transactions in Account history, to go through your old records.
Moreover, Changelly is a legitimate company and you do not have to worry about your money. They only charge a small amount of fee i.e. 0.5% per conversion.
Incase you face any issue, you can take help of their customer support team and they are really very prompt & supportive. You can read my full review on changelly aswell.
Try Shapeshift an Instant Currency Exchange
Here comes Shapeshift.io, an amazing way to exchange cryptocurrencies. This allows converting Bitcoin to Ethereum or other currencies almost instantly.
It started in 2013, the same year in which Changelly established.
Unlike Changelly where you can Buy Bitcoin using Credit card, Shapeshift strictly follows no fiat exchange policy.
You don’t even need to create an account on Shapeshift, hence your currency conversion would be very private.
But before moving ahead make sure that you have the following:
- An Ethereum Wallet Address
Without any further Ado! Let’s convert Bitcoin to Ethereum.
Converting Bitcoin to Ethereum on Shapeshift:
- Go to Shapeshift.io
- Click on Deposit & Receive to select the cryptocurrencies which you wish to convert.
- Click on Continue and on the next page you will need to enter your Ethereum Wallet Address and your Bitcoin Address. Click ‘Start Transaction”
(Bitcoin Address is not mandatory but it’s convenient incase of any refund)
- On the next page, you will get the Bitcoin address on which you need to send the BTC.
- Check the Deposit and Receiving details thoroughly and make the transaction.
CageTip: You only have 10 mins to send the amount otherwise the conversion will cancel automatically.
To try it out, I sent 0.5 BTC from my Zebpay Wallet to the above given Bitcoin address.
That’s it! You will receive Ethereum in your wallet within 2 minutes of sending the BTC.
That’s it! The exchange has been successfully completed and the whole process took around 10-15 minutes.
Since I find these exchanges very quick and reliable, I use them quite often.
You can also watch the official video by Shafeshift on youtube.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7OdD9HTT-4[/emb edyt]
Moreover, The only difference between Changelly and Shapeshift is that Changelly provides you a dashboard to check the old transactions. While Shapeshift does not require any kind of account creation hence it is a bit faster & private. Both these instant exchanges
Both these instant exchanges have their own pro and cons, thus you need to make the final call as per your requirements.
So, this was a detailed tutorial about converting Bitcoin to Ethereum. You can also use both the above given methods to convert various altcoins among each other. For example, Bitcoin to Litecoin, Ethereum to Litecoin, Bitcoin to Dash, Bitcoin to Monero, Ethereum to Golem and other n numbers of cryptocurrencies.
Next time whenever you want to exchange your cryptocurrencies, do try these out and let us know your experience in comments below.
Don’t forget to share this article with your Bitcoin Enthusiast Community. See you on the next article. Chao!
Want to get some more knowledge, check these out: