Hey Folks, We are receiving so many emails to write on “How to secure your Crypto Wallets and Keys from Email Phishing Attacks.”
Phishing scams through Google Ads and through email are uncontrolled in the crypto world. Phishing scams are growing instantly day by day, Make sure that the email which you receive from Wallet Companies have their area spelled effectively and never search for their web address tapping on Google. When you share your private key on a phishing then you must get ready to say goodbye to your funds.
Finally, we are posting this article as a guide on phishing protection. In this article, you will learn What are Phishing attacks? How can you prevent yourself from these phishing attacks? How to protect your Crypto wallets from the Phishing Attacks?
Now a days phishing scams are increasing day by day. Well before moving ahead, You must know What exactly Phishing is?
What is Phishing Attack?
Sometimes it happens, You receive a mail from your wallet company mentioning any genuine reason to get Id password of your crypto wallet. The email seems very legit and genuine and trusting that mail we provide the our password and they clean off all our saved funds.
So, we have to check carefully the email address or address of website before doing anything. And We should not share our crypto wallet passwords and keys with anyone. Everyday So many frauds and scams like this happen with the people. Moreover, we have already covered about Cryptojacking which tell how websites are making money without your knowledge.
Well, don’t worry we are here to tell you How this Phishing attack actually spreading and What should you do to prevent phishing?
How Phishing Attacks are spreading and number of Phishing attacks are increasing day by day?
There are following ways which phishing attackers use to hack our crypto wallets:
1. Email Phishing
Attackers create a email id which is very similar to the legit one and send unwanted malicious mails to the users using email database. Email phishing is spreading worldwide. Attackers are adding unwanted links in the mails to take out all our data. Email Phishing Protection is must to avoid the unwanted mails from the attackers.
2. Fake Social Media Accounts
Attackers create account on Social media like twitter and facebook similar to your wallet Company Page and send messages to the users asking about their wallet details by giving some reasons. No Crypto wallet company will ask about your wallet information.
You should not share your wallet details with anyone especially on social media and email. And if you ever receive message on social media like twitter and Facebook. First, check the joining date and also check whether the page is verified or not.
3. Fake Ads on Google
Attackers buy a similar domain to wallet companies and run ads on google to make you fool and get your details. Once you click on the add and redirect to that site make sure to check the url of the website very carefully. There will be just a little bit change in the url which you never notice and enter the login details on that site.
Phishing Attackers will get all your details and clean off all your funds. There are so many plugins available on internet. You must turn on those plugins on your pc to enable phishing and malware protection on your device.
4. Misspelling of domain in hurry
Sometimes in hurry, you make a slightly little mistake while typing your domain name and by your own mistake you redirected to a unwanted site which can collect your data and help the hackers and attackers to get your wallet details.
I would suggest you to use firefox phishing protection. Firefox has inbuilt malware and phishing protection enabled which protects from all the unwanted sites by blocking them.
How to Prevent Phishing Attacks?
Above, We have told you the ways how phishing attackers will target you. All the ways through which Phishing attackers can try to get your data. Now, We are sharing the prevention steps through which you can prevent phishing attacks and save your crypto wallets and other funds.
- You should buy phishing protection software because anti phishing protection software service protect us from all the unwanted emails and blocks all the malicious and spam links on your device.
- If you receive any mail from your wallet then make sure that your crypto wallet require your email id or not and if not then how can they send email to you? That means that email is totally fake. Mostly crypto wallets do not require your email id that is why email phishing protection is must.
- Before clicking on any link related to crypto wallet, you should think two or three times and make sure that the link is safe or not.
- Never share your wallet private key or password with anyone. No wallet company will ask for your password. So never trust on any email or message asking for your crypto wallet password.
- You should always use phishing detectors like MetaMask, which blocks all the fake ones.
- Check the url of the site very carefully before entering the details over it and check each and single letter of the url very very carefully before entering your details in it.
- Make sure to check the token wallet address at the Etherscan, before transferring your coins to somewhere or participating in ICO.
- If you have doubt on any link then you can check that link on EtherScamDB, If that link is their database then it is confirmed that it is a scam.
This is all for the phishing protection guide to secure your crypto wallets. We always try to write on every topic which yous share with us. If you have any doubt or query regarding this post then let us know in the comment section. If you want to read more helpful and useful articles like this related to cryptocurrency then visit our website regularly and if you want to miss any update from Coinscage, then don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter.