Thesedays, You must have noticed that Bitcoin has got quite famous in India and credit goes to its volatility. In the starting of 2017, 1 Bitcoin was worth around Rs. 55000 but within just 5 months the price has exploded to a whopping 1,80,000 INR.
This led Bitcoin to come in the limelight amongst Indians. Thus, a lot of people want to invest in BTC and make some money.
So, If you are one of those who wants to Buy Bitcoin in India, then nothing is better than Zebpay. Thus, Here I will share Zebpay Review along with a step by step tutorial on How to Buy and Sell Bitcoins on Zebapy App. As I used Zebpay to get my 1st BTC, I believe this is going to be a very detailed post. 😉
Without any further Ado! Let’s get started.
- 1 What is Zebpay?
- 1.1 Getting Started with Zebpay App
- 1.2 How to Deposit Money in Zebpay Account?
- 1.3 How To Buy Bitcoin with Zebpay?
- 1.4 How To Sell Bitcoin on Zebpay?
- 1.5 Zebpay Referral Program
- 1.6 Trade Bitcoins on Zebpay
- 1.7 Other Features on Zebpay App:
- 1.8 Fees and Charges
- 1.9 Security
- 1.10 Support
- 1.11 Final Review of Zebpay App
- 2 Zebpay Review
- 3 Pros
- 4 Cons
What is Zebpay?
Zebpay is a Mobile only cryptocurrency exchange which allows you to Store, Send/Receive and Buy/Sell Bitcoins in India. This is one of the most used Bitcoin App in India because of its clean and easy to understand user interface.
It was started in September 2014 and has been voted as the best Bitcoin Startup at Coinagenda in Las Vegas in 2014. It is headquartered at Singapore and operates from Ahmedabad, India.
Moreover, Zebpay is the most downloaded Bitcoin Wallet App in India and has already crossed the mark of 500,000 downloads. You can say, Zebpay is like Coinbase of USA.
Zebpay has also added support to various other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Bitcoin cash and Litecoin.
Getting Started with Zebpay App
These are the Easy steps to start using Zebpay in your Mobile:
- First of all, Download Zebpay App. Android | iOS
- Now Open the App and Register as a New user using your Email ID or Facebook Account.
- Verify your Mobile number using OTP.
- Now, Set your 4 Digit Pin. (Write the PIN on a safe place, as it is very important)
- On the Home screen, Click on the Top Right Menu and Complete the Verification process by submitting your Bank Account Details and a Scanned copy of PAN Card.
- Once the Verification is completed, you can start Buy & Selling of Bitcoins.
It takes around 1-2 day for the verification process to get completed. In my case, it took around 12 hours.
Moreover, Now you can start receiving Bitcoin on your Zebpay Wallet. To know your Bitcoin Address, Click on Top right Menu and then “My Bitcoin Address”
So, Your Bitcoin Address will look something like this!!
Feel Free to send Donations. Just Kidding! 😀
Now, let’s see how you can Deposit Money and then Buy Bitcoins on Zebpay in India.
How to Deposit Money in Zebpay Account?
Follow the below given steps to Deposit Money in your Zebpay Account:
- On home screen, Click ‘+‘ and Go to ‘Account’
- Click ‘deposit’
- Now, Enter the Amount you wish to deposit, Select Bank & Click Deposit.
- Now you have to Deposit the amount on the selected Bank Account
- Once you Deposit the amount, Enter the Payment Reference Number.
- Once, Zebpay gets the amount, they will add money in your Zebpay wallet from where you can buy Bitcoins.
You will get a Notification once the amount is added in your account.
In my case it took around 4-5 hours to get the Notification, however, it depends upon your Bank when they clear your transaction.
How To Buy Bitcoin with Zebpay?
Once the amount is reflected in your Zebpay App, it’s time to Buy your very first Bitcoin on Zebpay.
- On home screen, click “+” button and go to ‘Buy / Sell bitcoins‘.
- Enter the amount to But Bitcoin from your Deposited amount & Click ‘Buy ‘
- Enter your 4 digit PIN to confirm your BTC purchase.
- On completing the purchase, you will see your Bitcoin Balance on Home screen.
So, Welcome to the Crypto world.!!
How To Sell Bitcoin on Zebpay?
If you want to sell your Bitcoin then Zebpay is the right place for that, as they offer the highest Bitcoin price in India.
- Click on ‘+‘ on the Home screen & Click ‘Buy/Sell Bitcoins‘.
- Enter the Amount of Bits you want to sell.
- Now click ‘Sell‘
- That’s it! You will soon get the Notification alert & the money will be added in your Zebpay wallet for your sold Bitcoins.
- Now you can withdraw your money to your Bank account and it will be processed within 1 day.
You will get an SMS and Email once your transaction is completed.
Zebpay Referral Program
Zebpay also runs an amazing referral program where you have to refer your friends and you can earn 0.10% of your friend’s Bitcoin Buy or Sell amount.
Not only this, You friends will also get Bitcoins worth Rs. 100 on their first Buy or Sell.
Steps to get your Referral Link:
- Click on the Menu & then Click on ‘Free Bitcoins‘
- Now share the Referral link with your friends.
This is really simple and easy way to earn Free Bitcoins Instantly. More, over you can also try Bitcoin Faucets which gives you Free Bitcoins every hour.
Trade Bitcoins on Zebpay
If you are willing to make some profits out of your Bitcoins, then you must try BTC Trading. Though there are many exchanges to trade BTC, Zebpay also gives you an opportunity to trade bitcoins.
- Just Click on ‘+‘ and then Click on ‘Trade Bitcoins‘
- Enter the amount you wish to Bid or Ask for your BTC.
- You order will be completed when there is a matching offer.
You can make marginal profits by regularly Buying or Selling BTC through Zebpay trading option.
Frankly speaking, Zebpay is not good for trading purposes as the number of users using this section are very low.
Other Features on Zebpay App:
If you do not want to convert your BTC to INR then you can use them for various other purposes like:
Buy Vouchers: Zebpay allows you to Buy Amazon Gift card, Flipkart, Bookmyshow and many other vouchers using Bitcoins. You will also get around 3-5% discount on every purchase you make with your BTC.
Mobile Recharge: If you want to recharge your Mobile, DTH, Data Card etc. then you can easily do that on Zebpay.
- Just enter the Mobile Number, Select the Network and Enter the Amount.
- It will show you the amount of BTC, Just confirm it.
- Now you need to enter your 4 Digit Pin.
That’s it! Your recharge will be done instantly using Bitcoins.
The good part was that you need to enter your 4 Digit Pin, otherwise someone else could have used your BTC.
Check Statement: You can check all your Spend and Deposits under account statement which is really a great option. This way you can easily get the log of all your previous transactions very quickly.
Now let’s have a look at some major aspects of Zebpay.
Various Cryptocurrency: Zebpay allows you to buy/sell/store various cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin. They will add many more crypto in the near future.
Fees and Charges
The Buy and Sell charges on Zebpay were quite high when compared to other Indian exchanges. However, With the recent update, the price of Bitcoin and other currencies on Zebpay has reduced drastically.
Even the spread between buy and sell has reduced tremendously.
When compared to other Indian exchanges the prices on Zebpay are very competitive.
Moreover, There is an Rs. 10 fee on all ‘Rs’ withdrawals and there are no charges for buying/selling BTC.
Security is one of the major concern while dealing in Bitcoins. Till now, No hack or scam has been recorded on Zebpay which is really a great thing.
Zebpay is a legit company as there has never been any issue while depositing or withdrawing money from it. You will surely be satisfied on the ground of safety and security.
You can select various security options like Pin Lock, Locking outgoing Bitcoin transactions and Fingerprint lock. I would recommend to use these features so as to make your BTC more secure.
Also, You can store your Bitcoins on Zebpay wallet but I would recommend you to not keep a large amount of BTC on it. You can try Ledger Nano S, Bitcoin Android Wallet or Paper wallet to store your BTC safely.
Since Bitcoins has not been accepted legally in India, it’s advisable to keep your BTC in hardware wallets.
I have been using Zebpay for more than 6 months now and I never faced any serious issue. Still, I had contacted Zebpay Support atleast 3 times when I was a noob in cryptocurrencies. 😉
Customer support team response to quite prompt and efficient. You will get the reply within 24 working hours. At least that’s what happened to me all the times. They even send an email before closing the ticket, which is a really great way to keep the customers satisfied.
Final Review of Zebpay App
According to me, Zebpay is really a reliable way to start your Bitcoin journey in India. The user interface is really very simple and easy for a beginner. They even have many features like Recharge and Vouchers but that is not of much use.
On the grounds of Trust and Security, Zebpay proves it very well. Also, the support team is very helpful. But the only thing that lags is the spread between Buy & Sell and the rates of Bitcoin.
Once you are good at understanding Bitcoins, you can try Unocoin which is a bit complicated for a Newbie but the rates of Bitcoin are really low. You can also try other International Bitcoin Exchanges or Coinbase, if you want to dig deep into cryptocurrencies.
So, That was all for Zebpay Review and Guide.
I hope you liked this article and if you did then do share it with your friends!!
Do have a look at our other helpful guides: